What We Do
Advocate for affordable, sustainable, community-enhancing housing for the people of the Mount Washington Valley.
- We study trends and analyze data to develop a clear understanding of the economic and societal importance of affordable housing in the MWV.
- We work to communicate and shape public opinion on the importance of developing and maintaining a stable supply of affordable housing.
- We support developers of affordable housing, helping them move their projects from the planning to building stage.
- We work with local planning boards to amend zoning that encourages the construction of affordable housing and meets the communities needs.
- We engage housing professionals, local officials, and the greater community to demonstrate how specific zoning changes can attract the development of affordable housing.
- We engage, inform, and collaborate with regional and state legislators to increase funding for affordable housing and to pass housing friendly legislation at the state level.
MWVHC’S board of directors and staff work together and with the community at large, to achieve our advocacy goals.
Why We Do It